Increase your credibility in your respective industry
Instill Trust by Educating Your Clients with Blog Articles
- All writers are hand-picked, interviewed, and tested to ensure quality and creativity for every project.
- Our team of editors will have the last look at every piece of content to ensure you get the quality you deserve.
- Content Campaigns account managers can guide and answer any questions you have about the content process.
Increase Your Traffic
Set a Foundation
What is SEO?
Why Your Web Content Needs To Be Search Engine Optimized
If you are promoting a business today, you probably are aware of search engine optimization. You likely are also familiar with content marketing. These two functions play important roles in internet marketing. Despite this, many teams fail to use them together effectively, treating them instead as separate activities. The importance of SEO optimizing content cannot be overstated.
What Is SEO?
Search engine optimization is the practice of improving your online presence to attract additional and higher quality traffic through organic search engine results. This is separate from paid advertising campaigns because it focuses solely on people who find your website(s) through non-sponsored search engine results.
What Is Content?
Broadly speaking, content is anything you produce that your audience can interact with. When considering content from the perspective of marketing, it is high-quality and useful information that both share in a relevant manner. It can be written, graphical, video or a variety of other media types.
When you are marketing online using content, you are trying to attract visitors to your website or other online fronts by offering them some information that is valuable to them. This is the basic reason why SEO and content need to go hand-in-hand; their goals are closely aligned, and they can build on each other.
What Are the Benefits of Content SEO?
Combining your SEO efforts with content writing can mutually benefit these endeavors. Since your goal with both marketing techniques is to attract and convert leads to your website, they are inherently complementary.
- Useful Content: One of the key goals of search engine algorithms is to deliver to searchers the results they are looking for. To rank well in search engine results, your website should be useful. As Google and others improve their algorithms, they increasingly evaluate websites similarly to how humans assess them. Therefore, content that is valuable to people is good for SEO.
- Credibility: Content marketing typically involves establishing authority. You want to create content that people consider reliable. For example, if you publish a white paper, it won’t be beneficial if readers don’t consider you a credible source. Credibility is also an important SEO consideration. High-quality content helps boost the integrity of your SEO.
- Visibility: Perhaps the most significant benefit of good content marketing is that it gives users a reason to click through to your website. It is a reason for them to want to visit. However, this isn’t very valuable if people aren’t finding your copy. SEO helps to boost the visibility of the content you publish.
- Lead Quality: Promoting your content is like a microcosm of your broader business marketing efforts. If the people consuming your material aren’t high-quality leads, you are investing a lot of effort for little return. SEO helps to drive engaged and valuable visitors to your website, thus boosting the efficacy of your content marketing.
Content marketing creates a compelling reason for someone to visit your site. SEO helps to get your website in front of a greater number of the right eyes.
The importance of SEO optimizing your content is that the two marketing techniques boost each other and help you get a better return on investment from both. Unoptimized content won’t be seen. Similarly, SEO without valuable content won’t drive click-throughs and action.
How Do You Create Optimized Content?
Creating optimized content is simple, but it requires a little research, effort and patience. Follow these steps the next time you want to publish some effective content:
- Pick a Topic: Find something that you believe would be valuable to your audience. Try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who may visit your website. What would they want to know about? For example, if you sell clothing, you may want to write a blog post about fashion trends for the upcoming season.
- Research Keywords: With a topic in mind, research some keywords that are likely to appear in searches for that topic. Again, your perspective should be audience-centric. What are people searching for? The use of keyword research tools can make the process easier. As much as you can, validate your assumptions by looking at search volume and other data.
- Create an Outline: Plan your content. Whether it is text or another type of media, it should be organized to answer the consumer’s question promptly while encouraging continued reading, listening or watching.
- Plan Your Keywords: Figure out how you will include your keywords in your content. This may be in the body of your written content, as meta tags on videos and images, in headings on the page or a combination of all these. Having a plan in mind will make creating your content easier.
- Focus on Ease of Understanding: For your content to be valuable, it needs to be clear and easy-to-understand. Get to the point quickly and focus on optimal consumption. If your audience doesn’t understand or struggles to consume your content, it won’t be effective. Always think about the audience first.
- Include Backlinks: Link between your content and credible sources. For example, if you are writing about fashion trends, you may want to link out to trustworthy fashion sources. This aids in the credibility of your page.
- Call Your Audience to Action: Encourage your audience to do something. You may direct them to where they can learn more on your website, you may encourage them to look at a product, you may ask them to contact you or request any other action. Make use of their attention while you have it and ask for relevant next actions.
These major steps for producing search engine optimized content are also the techniques for creating high-quality content. Therefore, simply keeping SEO and your audience in mind as you create content will take you a long way.
Beyond that, remember that search engines can’t view pictures, watch videos or understand any other non-textual content. Remember to include descriptions and leverage HTML tags to help search engines know what is on your page. Other SEO best practices such as title tags and meta descriptions are also very helpful.
When you combine your SEO and content marketing efforts, you can unlock the full potential of both. High-value and optimized content will help you significantly grow and engage your audience.